720C Montauk Highway Water Mill, NY
Our goal is to make Kadam Dharma readily available to our community – our new central location and attractive new space is ideal for that!
We are very excited as the space is larger and is centrally located in Water Mill. We will now have a separate area for a bookstore and lounge area, and an outside space so when the weather gets warmer we can resume our garden parties! In addition, the new center will be on Route 27 which gives us great visibility as we want people to know about us and find us easily, but it is set back a bit from the road so will be quiet too!
With every move comes expenses and we have set a fundraising goal of $15,000. We respectfully request your help!
As you may know, we are completely self-supporting and our only source is funds is from people like you who attend our classes and are part of our community. We are a 501(c)3 charitable organization so all donations are fully tax deductible.
Our moving related expenses include:
- Moving – we will do most of it ourselves but need packing materials and will hire a professional mover to move our valuable shrine and statues to secure their safety
- Renovation – We need to tailor the space to our needs, reconfiguring it a bit, adding lighting, window and wall treatments, floor covering, soundproofing, etc.
- Furnishings – the new bookstore, lounge area and teacher’s prep room will need some new furnishings, as well as additional chairs and cushions for our larger space.
- Rent expense – We will need to cover 1st month, last month rent and security – the first month is part of our regular budget but last month and security are additional
- New publicity and marketing materials – our new address will have to be printed on all our publicity, and we will need to announce our new location via advertising in all media
- Landscaping – the outdoor garden area
- Signage – An attractive Sign on the main road
For those of you who can afford to give $500 or $1,000 or more, now is the time we could really use your help. And for those of you can donate $25 or $50, your donation is just as meaningful and equally as important. Every dollar we receive brings us closer to our goal and is greatly appreciated!
How to donate:
- Bring checks or credit cards to the meditation center on your next visit
- Mail checks written to Kadampa Meditation Center The Hamptons (KMC the Hamptons), 112 Hampton St., Sag Harbor NY 11963
- Email us to make arrangements email@example.com
- Or make a donation via our website hamptonsmeditation.org
Any gift, regardless of its size, is a significant gift! All donations are tax deductible
KMC The Hamptons is part of a time-honored tradition that has made Buddha’s teachings and meditation practices available to people throughout the world. Through our training in meditation and putting the teachings into practice, we develop inner peace, compassion, and wisdom. In this way, we have the precious opportunity to improve the quality of our lives and the lives of those around us.